From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:24:43 -0500
Greetings!

The subject of Native American Bees is extremely interesting. This topic has
recurred in recent issues of "Bee World". The bees of the Yucatan are still
being kept in the traditional way of the Mayans, who essentially worshipped
them.

Unfortunately, this form of beekeeping is about to slip off the face of the
earth, mainly due to the competition from African Bees. A great web page
devoted to stingless bees can be seen at:

http://tinyurl.com/8elsm

Sorry that it is in Portuguese. I can't read it either, but I thought the
pictures were worth the price of admission (free!)

Peter Borst
Danby NY