Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 18:47:17 -0400
Hello

I went to my hive today and found many bees, but few capped brood cells. In
the past (I installed the package of bees in April), there was a lot of
capped brood.

Today, there were also three empty queen supercedure (sp?) cells on the
size of one frame.

The bees see hard at work, but I am disturbed that that most of the cells
that previously held brood are empty.

I also noticed what I considered to be many drones. I saw at least a half
dozen at the entrance to the hive. Is this normal?

Also, I have a comb honey super on the hive, but the beens do not seem to
want to go through the queen excluder to start drawing comb.

And finally, why do the beens swarm over the side of the hive when I am
checking the frames?

What is happening?

Do I need to get another queen. (I have yet to see a queen, but that is
because of my inexperience.)

Ibrahim