From:
Robert MacKimmie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 12:59:09 -0800
Regarding Epipens ---

Lloyd Spear asks: "Anyone able to shed more light on whether caution should
be exercised in using Epipens?"

A beekeeper pal with good reactions and an Epipen equivalent in his vehicle
was able to save someone's life only because he was prepared to provide the
injection. Often it is not ourselves that we will likely save, but the
unsuspecting pedestrian upon whom we force the increased chance of a
beesting.

As Tom Chester conveyed to me, "Watching someone slowly choke to death isn't
a pleasant experience." He didn't have the full experience, but got close.

Be cautios, but be prepared to save a life.