From:
Tim Townsend <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 19:03:02 PDT
---------------Original Message---------------
While Formic Acid is found in honey and ants, this does not make FORMIC
ACID a benign substance.

It is an acid that burns flesh without pain.

When you can smell the fumes you have done damage to your lungs.

Many beekeepers have experienced loss queenloss using formic.

This is not a MITE PANACEA.

FORMIC ACID is dangerous stuff to fool around with even if it is CHEAP.

My fear is that because Formic is so cheap , beekeepers will forgo

forgo testing for mites.

Don't be too hasty to run the border with Formic Acid.

The jury is still out on FORMIC ACID.

regards

Peter Wilson

Peter;
Having suffered from tracheal mites for the last two years, and having
treated with formic this year, using pads, I have to say that formic is
great, in our case formic worked far better than menthol. I will
definetly be using formic again, by the way queen loss was negligable.
The hives are doing better this year than they have in the last three,
and it sure hasn't had anything to do with the weather. IMHO.

TPLR HONEY FARMS
Tim Townsend
RR 1 Stony Plain Alberta