Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:42:39 +1200
Hello All,

We have some very revealing results from the hive monitoring poll.

Out of about 1000 readers of Bee-L there were only three responses: one from
a commercial operator, and 2 from hobbyists.

To summarize
Commercial -    $3/ hive; 200 - 3000 hives  $600 to $9000 per year
Hobbyist    $50/hive; 10 hives        $500
Hobbyist    $50/ hive; 30 hives       $1500

Below is a comment about the poll from a company representative who had
privately expressed an interest in developing equipment that would meet some
of the wish list requirements.

"well, I guess that ends any question about whether an electronic hive
monitor
should be designed."

My thanks to you that have responded to this poll.

John Lewis