From:
John Burgess <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2007 09:16:03 +0100
Bill Truesdell wrote:

> Can other countries sell "Organic" honey in the UK?. It would meet
> their standards but maybe (probably) not yours.

The Soil Association are prepared to certify produce from other
countries on the basis of comparison of the relevant local standards
with their own, supplemented by local visits/discussions if necessary.
To my knowledge they certify Organic Honey from New Zealand, Argentina,
Mexico, and possibly some African countries. I don't know of any US
honey being approved, possibly because of the ill-defined nature of
"organic" in the US which is apparent from these discussions. You need
to remember that the use of the word "Organic" applied to food in the EU
is illegal unless it has been certified by a recognised body.

John Burgess