From:
Brian Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2010 11:06:42 -0400
Peter said:

" Systemic fungicides have been around for decades. "

While that maybe true in the context of this thread on apple trees it is not. I double checked with Crop Services in LaCrescent Mn and they agreed with me that Nova, Captan and Sovram are NOT systemic fungicides and they were not aware of any registered for apple use.

The way I worded my earlier post that there were no systemic fungicides was incorrect and left me open for Peters correction.

I feel its important to clarify this as the thread was started by a beekeeper concerned about exposure to fungicides during pollination.

We don't need to further the myth that systemics are the number #1 cause of death in honeybees.