From:
Betsy Klinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 22:47:22 EDT

Mark wrote:

<The 2005 fall crop was darker and didn't taste quite like goldenrod  to me.
I sent a sample to a friend who IDed it as bamboo>

Mark, in the northeastern part of the US what people refer to as "bamboo
honey" is honey with a main floral source of Japanese Knotwood, an invasive
species related to buckwheat.  The honey is dark and similar to  buckwheat honey
but not as strong.  Is that what your friend ID'd the honey  as?  Was the ID
from a pollen sample or by taste?

Betsy, a hobbyist in Maryland