From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:17:13 +0100
Hi all

There was a commercial beekeeper that lived in my area... He kept a lifetime
of accurate records. From memory his yield figures were always between 40 lb
and 45 lb per colony per year.
But his figures were drived from total annual yield divided by the number of
colonies entering the previous winter and that included all queen rearing
and drone rearing colonies, of which there were 220-260 with an overall
total number of colonies at about 1760. (which to my mind is the only honest
way to do it)

That may show you how difficult our conditions are.

Regards From:- Dave Cushman, G8MZY
Beekeeping and Bee Breeding, http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman