From:
queenbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 07:43:17 +1000
>   Through posting on other bee forums, there were questions about the
> cornstarch  (non-caking agaent) in powdered sugar being bad for the bees.

I assume you would be using "pure" sugar.  Here in Australia we have pure
icing sugar and icing mixture.  Icing mixture is the one that has the
starch.  We use pure icing sugar for queen candy but would never use icing
mixture.  It would be the same for your sugar "treatment".  Only use pure
sugar.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA