From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2007 19:56:35 -0400
allen dick wrote:

> If one of the two unique observations associated with CCD is a
> lingering unfriendliness of the deadout equipment to bees, moths, and
> SHB, then this is a very characteristic of chemical contamination,
> assuming that it is not caused  by an alien force field, or a test of
> such by Jerry's friends at DARPA.
 From what I have read and heard from experts is that this is not
universal. Some are robbed out some are not.

It has also been reported that heavy hive beetle infestation keeps bees
away. Same with some fungus growth. Those two could be common to the
after effects of CCD, but "chemical contamination" does not track with
the variety of beekeeping practices of those who reported CCD. There was
not one common pesticide or even any pesticide.

Does anyone know how many colonies have died from CCD? Obviously 70% of
east coast bees since that is what I have read in the papers, but
fortunately none in Maine. One reported 2% losses (one of our large
operations) which is the best year he has had in a while. And he owns a
cell phone.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine