Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 17:21:55 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
> Is it true that Canadian honey is not being sold in Europe because it is contaminated with GM pollen?
>
>

I think that honey produced in Canada from canola of which most is genetically modified has lost a great
deal of market in Europe.  It has always been easier to sell to the US.  I have asked various  brokers
why more honey isn't sold to Europe and the answer is usually that the buyers are very stringent on
testing the honey to the point of making it virtually impossible to satisfy the importers.  They will try
to find any excuse to reduce the offered price so by the time you recieve payment, you would be better
off selling in North America.  Much less hassel!  One broker told me that foreign honey will be tested
for any possible trace of contaminants while at the same time, not test their own honey so as not to find
any probable contaminants it may hold.

Unfortunately, the world has become polluted, the greater the population, the greater the pollution.  No
matter how hard you try to keep chemicals out of your food, you still have to breath the air, and it has
enough toxins that would make any canadian honey look pure.

Gilles

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
-- Visit www.honeybeeworld.com/BEE-L for rules, FAQ and  other info ---
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ATOM RSS1 RSS2