From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 21:04:53 -0600
Hello Bill & All,
I would think a agreement which you wrote up and signed by both parties and
dated would serve your purpose.  The bee books have got many sample
pollination contracts but I don't recall a yard lease agreement right now
but if I find one I will post.  I have never had a person want to keep my
hives.   I have had plenty want the hives removed (yesterday!).  I have also
been told  they are going to burn the hives if they are not moved.  I
politely tell the land owner to go ahead.  Not only is arson a felony its
destruction of my property and he will have to pay for the hives he burns in
the end.   A case of honey has solved many a dispute.
All my equipment is branded with my brand.  I would have told the new land
owner *politely* if they didn't want to let me come in and remove my
property I would be back tomorrow (with the sheriff) and they better have a
bill of sale for beehives with my registered brand.  I personally have never
used apiary lease agreements as land owners are reluctant about signing
binding agreements.  I never argue with land owners wanting me to move the
bees.  I move the bees.  I never try to talk a land owner into putting bees
on his land.  I ask politely and if he says no I keep looking.   I offer a
jar of honey when I introduce myself. and   go get a case if they ok the
deal as a agreement binder.  If they say they don't want bees on their
property I don't even ask why.   I do ask if they know of a land owner which
might want bees on his land.   I personally like locations from farmers
better than *city folks* because many farmers will let you dig a few  ruts
if you have to get in to feed bees.  They cut ruts trying to feed the cattle
so they understand.  Farmers have also got equipment to pull you out if you
do get stuck which saves wrecker bills. I don't like locations I have to
drive thru the peoples yard to get to.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa, Missouri