Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 08:44:52 -0500
Alan Riach wrote:

> Does the sugar have to be powdered as opposed to simply granulated to
> achieve successful mite dislodgement.?

Apparently the mites use a sticky substance on their feet that allows
them to cling to the bees. The powdered sugar coats their sticky feet
causing them to loose their grip and fall off. 'Confectioners sugar' is
another name for powdered sugar, at least in the US. I would not expect
granulated sugar to be as effective - probably wouldn't work at all.

AL