Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2011 23:21:21 -0400
>The point in the 'discussion' section on the link about moths on windscreens echoes my experience earlier this year...

Mine too.  I drove from Alberta to Southern Ontario in June -- almost 2,000 miles -- and hardly used any washer fluid.  In previous trips -- the last previous trip was five years ago and I noticed fewer bugs then, too -- I would have used nearly a gallon.

I did not do much night driving thsi trip, though, since there has been such a resurgence of wildlife due to restictions on guns and hunting, general prosperity, and the low cost of food in the past decades.

Deer and moose collisions have become increasing night risk  Bug collisions, not so much.