From:
Medhat Nasr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:22:38 -0600
Bill Said:

The characteristics of CCD have been documented. Which means there would
be a rapid loss of bees before they ever went into winter so end of
issue. So far the team has not coupled winter loss with CCD. Which is my
point. When and if they do, I am sure they will document the symptoms
and characteristics and let all of us know.

I will be interested to know the difference. I am looking at dead hives in
Alberta. They are considered winter mortality. I am not sure if they can
be classified as CCD or high classical winter mortality. Bees even if they
suffer from the CCD they would not have the proper temperature to leave
their hives and die somewhere else. In our case bees did not leave the
hives, a lots of food, good mite control with legal chemicals, and combs
very much new, but they died inside the hives.

Any help would be very much appreciated, eh!

Jerry might have some answers. Thanks in advance.

Medhat

Medhat Nasr, Ph. D.
Provincial Apiculturist
Crop Diversification Centre North