From:
Lionel Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Mar 2011 09:07:42 -0500
Hi Peter, Allen and others,

I have white hair, mine is beyond gray.

Ants are a real pest around anything sweet. Last summer, 2010, I mixed a batch of items together and came out with a poision that I use to control Small Hive Beetle.
Another beekeeper gave me the formula. We put this mixture in a cd case that has an opening small enough to keep bees out but let SHB into the mix. I was checking a hive
and found ants carrying the mix out to the ground and into the ant's nest. We placed several cd cases under hives to see about controlling ants. They are out of the
weather--rain--so the mix will not get wet and run out for bees to eat and die.

We hope this is going to control the ants. The mix contains sugar, pollen substitute and honey, therefore, the ants and SHB are really attracted to the mix.

Lionel Evans
North Alabama

Where we are going to have a BEEKEEPING SYMPOSIUM With Dr. JIM TEW August 13, 2011 at Calhoun Community College.

On Sat 03/05/11 11:30 PM , Peter Chiang Mai [log in to unmask] sent: