From:
Robert Mann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 20:50:35 +1200
>I am a raw novice at beekeeping, but the scent of my
>hive is extremely pleasant to me.

>I can't believe that anything
>that pleasing could indicate something wrong.

        The role of scent in beekeeping is important, e.g. AFB sets up a
nasty pong (but earlier methods of detection should be used).

        As for the final philosophical declaration, it sounds plausible but
I refer you to the passage in The Pilgrim's Progress when our heroes,
proceeding in the right direction along a ridge, are lured down into a
remarkably beautiful valley where they then get into some of the worst
strife including the Castle of Despair.  Having miraculously escaped and
regained the path of righteousness, Pilgrim concludes from that very close
call "I mistook beauty for truth".
        A more topical example might be seen in some dazzling starlets who
look very nice but aren't.