From:
K&W Jarrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2007 06:51:18 -0700
>  but why do you think so many people are so concerned
> about this so-called CCD?

I don't, many keepers are sick of hearing about.

> I'd rather spend the money,

Sure, as long as it's not your's Jim, even I gave a donation to Randy, Not
because he ask for it, but because he has earned it and showed  he is worthy
of some help.
I wish I could say that for the CCD camp.

> Beekeepers were slow to react to tracheal mites when they
> started infesting colonies.  It wasn't until large numbers
> of hives started dying that anyone took the problem seriously.

That's still going on today as we speak, Just look what has happened to the
condition of bees since Checkmite & Apistan lost their touch.

Here's one for you Jim, How many keepers are feeding 10-15 pounds of pollen
sub? this will help greatly to the survival of a colony in most parts of the
U.S.

> Same thing happened with varroa.  Complacency killed many
> hives, and beekeepers learned "the hard way".

Yes very true, then they blame it on CCD.

> We still haven't learned about Nosema as a group.  The bulk
> of us still pretend that it does not exist.  This is a joke,
> given that the bulk of us are found to have nosema in our
> operations every time someone does some sampling.

Very very true, and again they blame it on CCD.

The thing I find fascinating is, WE know that Nosema, Varroa, Tracheal  &
Nutrition problems are killers,  and allot of times are Not dealt with
properly, but somehow this CCD sends folks on a wild goose chase.
I think the two go hand in hand.

> So, all together now, what's the price of honey?

 Ah... the NHB would help,  but they spent all there money on CCD.

P.S.  FLOWMAX,  I didn't know what it was, sorry, but I guess when I get to
your age I will ask you for advice.:)

The rookie keeper Keith