From:
Cameron Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 1994 16:26:23 EST5EDT
    Does anyone out there know if it is profitable to actively
cultivate land expressly for bees?  I currently have four hives and
have access to about 10 acres of land directly in front of the hives.
 I'm wondering if it is practical and profitable to plant this land
in a rotation of buckwheat so that the bees have a continuous source
of buckwheat from about mid-June through to about mid-September?
Also there seems to be a little debate around the supper table as to
which type of buckwheat to plant, the variety with large or small
seeds.  My bet is on the variety known as Tokyo, though I don't know
the size of the seed or a local source for it.
    If anyone has any thoughts, comments or ideas along these lines
they would be most welcome.

Cameron Skinner