From:
Seth Charbonneau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2019 00:52:17 -0500
Thanks for your response Randy. 2017 I saw it in 2 nucs, gave them the match, 2018 it was in a lot of hives.  I am worried about the transfer of sub clinical bees to a mating nuc infecting a clean queen

Hey everyone else, a little help please? Lot of crickets here, please chime in
 I did get a little ribbing at tonight at a local bee meeting for posting this thread  ;) , ya that whole not hiding behind a screen name thing…
But let’s be real here .These same people, or people they know are going to want to know what I have done to insure I am not giving them a EFB+ queen.
I stuck it out… don’t want to get it cut off..

My take is EFB may not be a big thing for the sideliner/commercial,  but to the receiving hobbyist with a single  hive or two, without “friends in low places” that Vet bill for a VFD to buy + cost of antibiotics over the counter is going to cost more than the value of the colony, and that’s if they even recognize the problem.

So I wish to take steps to insure I am doing the right thing.
How do I do that?
 Shooting spit balls from the hip
40,000 bees a hive,  a 200MG dose is 1mg per 200 bees
600 bees to a cup to stock s mini
great I need 3mg,
So 6 tablespoons of powdered sugar OTC  “mix “ in a L of syrup should ballpark a 5cc per nuc dose.
no brood, no comb, does it need 3 rounds?
Am I any were close?
I find it hard to believe there not a prophylactic mating nuc dose, or do people pre dose before making nucs?
feel free to Email me if this isn’t something to put out on the web