From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 22:06:58 -0500
Chris said:
I think Bob must mean sucrose rather than fructrose.

In the U.S. about 90% of the bee feed fed by commercial beekeepers is
fructose. The same product as Coca Cola and Pepsi Cola use in soft drinks.
We wait until a certain date in the fall and a certain date in the spring
when the tanker price drops. For some reason the price of both gasoline and
fructose are higher in California. We hauled scrap granulated sugar into
California by semi and liquefied ourselves last fall to save on feed costs.

Fructose comes in two percents. 42% and 55%. I believe the 55% is worth the
extra money but do cut the 55% with water at times in the spring.
Fructose was the product both packers were using when  caught cutting pure
honey by the FDA.

Last  two day fructose story:
I spent the day today hauling home 55 gallon drums of 55% fructose from a
semi wreck south of KC around Butler Missouri. The driver had simply ran the
drums into the semi on skids without blocking of any kind. Very dumb and the
wreck destroyed both his truck, trailer and put him in the hospital. NEVER
MOVE 55 gallon DRUMS LOOSE ON A PALLET. Always put on the floor of the
truck/trailer and block with blocks or 2x4's.

My partner bid on the  whole semi load for us site unseen. Looked like a
great deal until my partner and a helper arrived at the salvage place
yesterday and found the drums were still in the totaled trailer sitting in
about an inch of fructose. Most of the drums were full but badly dented so
will only be good for burn barrels. Mother nature rained on the whole
project. Each drum had to be dragged to the back of the truck with a chain.
I was at a birthday party for me given by my children so I missed all the
fun.
Buying the freight damaged load of 55% fructose will be a money saver but
quite a bit of extra work was involved
Bob