From:
Andrew Dewey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 13:42:19 -0400
Saturday I discovered white larvae of some sort sitting on top of the
frames of my bottom deep super.  I didn't recognize what they were.  I
scraped them out with my hive tool - they squished almost on touch.  This
hive was started this spring from a nuc and is doing well.  The two deeps
are filled (I strained to lift them) with brood, honey & pollen (very nice
patterns).  I have one shallow super on that has been pretty much drawn out
and has some honey in it.  The bees are taking roughly 5 qts of 1:1 sugar
water every three days.  The hive is located in Lamoine, Maine (near
Ellsworth).  It has been very dry here and the goldenrod bloom is starting
to fade.  I'd appreciate any info on how to identify the larvae; I didn't
see any indication that the bees were trying to do anything about them.

Thanks,

Andrew
Andrew Dewey
Acadia Computer Corp.   Bar Harbor, ME