Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 11:51:38 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
 Appliances here in the United states are markedly different than those in europe, as I understand them.  Washing cycles and methods of heating water are different in the laundry, and our freezers and refrigerators tend to be larger.  Americans tend to shop once every week or two, rather than making frequent trips to the market, as I understand is the practice in Europe.
In the past, many people gardened and stored huge quantities of food from their gardens in the freezer, or by canning it.  This is somewhat less popular now, and it is easy to find old "Chest" freezers for little or nothing at estate sales.- I got mine free for hauling it away, and it holds two waist high stacks of supers with room to spare.   I know many people with two or more "spare" freezers in the basement- sometimes upright, but often Chest style, since gandma or grandpa, or mom and dad liked to "Put up" a lot of food at once.
When I'm not freezing supers, or storing comb honey, I use the extra space in my freezer to store my woolens.  All my sweaters and Blankets go in the freezer all summer- again, to keep the moths at bay.
Ellen Anglin

J J Harrier <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
BTW, how come so many people have enough room in their freezers for
numbers of frames? Ours always seems to be full of *food*.... I might
manage to make room for one frame at a time....

J. J. EJOG UNNI

~~~ "I often have the feeling that one or other of us must be constructed
inside out." Ted Hooper ~~~

ATOM RSS1 RSS2