From:
Teresa Garcma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 17:31:20 -0600
Hello,

Iīm sorry I used spanish about swarm traps. It wonīt happen again. I
said that the mexican government used carboard boxes hung on trees,
they were covered with plastic, like the one used in plastic bags. The
boxes were about 60X40 cm (Donīt know in inches, about 2x1 ft, maybe a
little bigger?)with a little hole in one side. They put citral (lemon
grass is ok) to improve the trap.

I observed that swarms like to get into very old hives, better if they
have a comb inside, and even better if they are a little up the ground,
but africanized bees arenīt very selective.

Tere