From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:52:59 -0600
Hello Ted & All,
Ted asks:
> could you give us a site that lists or discusses the management techniques
used by the commercial Russian beekeepers?

I know of  none. These guys are very busy. Only one is very computer
literate and he is trying to take care of close to 10,000 hives in almond
pollination this winter.

A vast untapped amount of Russian beekeeping knowledge exists with these
beekeepers. I try to pick up methods and post on BEE-L tidbits learned
either by direct contact or by phone.

 >It would be nice to compare and learn from them.

Most are willing to share information.  At least in exchange with me.
I do not know of beekeepers thinking of doing a Russian commercial
management site. I have been asked to do a Russian update for my only
Russian article January 2005 in Bee Culture .

>  Is there a site where one can download your notes/slides from your
presentations about Russian bee management?

Not that I know of.

I will do another post discussing Russian management as others have asked
off list.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison