From:
Justin Kay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 2015 08:31:22 -0500
> Are there simple small adjustments that could make a difference in your
> beekeeping?

Absolutely! There are things everyone can do to improve their own
beekeeping practices, myself included. The point isn't growth or
improvement. The point is you should improve on things you know, or
reasonably suspect based on scientific and historical principals will have
a positive impact on your bees and your beekeeping practices.

Problem leading to a hypothesis leading to a solution. Without a problem,
you don't need a solution.

As of yet, Michael Bush, who can not provide any historical or scientific
evidence to support the allegation, is the only one who claims the Ph of
sugar syrup is a problem (other than supporters of Mr. Bush who, as far as
I can see, provide nothing more than anecdotal evidence to support, or
refute the claim).  Personally, I don't consider that good enough of a
reason (yet) to change my management practices or put a chemical into the
hive or otherwise alter the ph of syrup my bees are drinking, without
having a better understanding of 1) the impact the "problem" has on my
colonies, 2) the impact the "solution" has on my colonies, or 3) which one
is better in the end.

We all have things we can do to correct the problems bees are facing. Why
focus on one we don't fully understand yet? Listen, learn, contribute,
understand, THEN change.