From:
Jim Osborn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 1994 21:40:54 -0700
Jeffrey Young <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> I'm now faced with more demand with supply.  Coworkers and
>relatives are all over me wanted me to get them a honey bear.  Guess
>it is time to consider a third hive next year.

My advice is to save it for giving and barter.  I have three hives,
and the local feed store will take all I can give them for $3 a
quart.  It's worth more to me to experience the gratitude of friends
and family when I present them with a unique gift.  Our vet once
took a quart in exchange for the bill, so maybe I should say the
market price is somewhere between $1 and $20 a pound.