From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 08:32:43 -0700
>> I would like to try the caucasian bee, but I have heard that they
>> tend toward excessive propolisation. Would I be sorry (read stupid)
>> if I tried a season with this bee?

I got about a hundred caucasian packages from a supplier in Claifornia
many years ago.  After all these years, and many thousands of hives, I
still remember how calm and pleasant they were.  They did propolise a
bit more than some others, but I would very much recommend them for
general hobbyist use.  You'll love them if you get good ones.  I ca't
remember where I got them, but I think I mentioned the supplier here
somewhere years back.  I'll be in the archives.

Fot that matter, the amount of surplus propolis build-up will depend on
where you keep them.  I remember Andy saying that gummed-up hives would
use up all the excess propolis over time after being taken to desert
areas where little or none was to be found.

allen
http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/Diary/