From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2012 22:38:43 -0500
Hello All,

The video is hard to argue with.

The best documentary *in my opinion* is the "Vanishing of the Bees".
(even if my organic friends want to toss commercial beekeepers under the
bus!)

The documentary slowly builds to a logical conclusion with interviews of
beekeepers and researchers of which we are all familiar.

I particularly like when the organic beekeeper using his methods sets up in
corn & soybean country.
After a few years of huge losses he leaves. He should have asked my advice
and he would have saved his bees.

As David Mendes says in the documentary ( and I fully agree!) he does not
see a solution to our problem. I certainly do not.

I see a constant struggle for beekeepers. The combinations of pesticides &
fungicides are beyond the average beekeepers ability to figure out *plus*
growers lie at times about what they are applying. If not the grower what
about growers of other crops within flying distance. Home owners and golf
courses.

All I ask from my fellow BEE-L members is to watch "Vanishing of the bees"
and the below presentation and make up your own minds. The chemical PR
people will do as the tobacco people did.

A couple points from past BEE-L discussions:

bees do not gather corn pollen. (I guess we all know was BS now)

corn planter killing of bees was a rare case of misapplication ( Recent
losses in Midwest and internet videos show the dust and talc drifting)
Bayer losses 3 million doller lawsuit in Germany over the dust.

residue buildup  in soil are not a problem( corn is planted year after year
in my
area in many places).

Be informed!

http://www.enewspf.com/latest-news/science-a-environmental/36651-earth-focus-launches-new-video-on-loss-of-honey-bees.html