From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2007 22:16:02 -0800
I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but....
in discussions of this, it is often overlooked that the Spanish
were in Mexico in about 1535, and brought the Catholic church,
with the attendant (mandatory) use of beeswax for candles. Ask you
local priest. How many years does it take for bees to work their
way from Monterrey to the (now) USA?
Besides, Spanish ships were travelling the Pacific coast.
   - John Edwards