Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 11:08:29 -0500
Alot of interesting discussion going on. I have removed what I believe were feral bees from buildings and what I find is the bees build what suits them with the space at hand. As far as cell size I see little if any differance in size. Maybe they are programed to larger size cells? In which case sombodies swarm that got away? But the point I want to make is cell size is relitive to bee size and bee size is relitive to location .You see it in nature everywhere you go.Example : all things being equal Deer from Canada will and need to be larger to survive than say deer from Florida. There will be other slight differances as well like Ear size. I've seen purebred labrador retrievers in Texas that look diffrent than the ones in NY. Can anyone say cell size wasn't increased as an attempt to induce larger bees that would over winter better in northern regions.