From:
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 08:12:53 -0600
Hi:

This discussion just served as a reminder of the need for marketing.

Like Allen, I was surprised when a beekeeper asked how to eat comb honey.
None of the University Students who work for us know what comb honey is or
how to eat it - so if you want to sell comb honey, obviously you need to do
some education.

I am one of the folks who much prefers comb honey over extracted honey.
The wax cuts the sweetness just a bit - I don't really like sugary sweets.
Hot or cold, is still good.

On the flip side, first time I got one of the plastic honey sticks, I
couldn't figure out how to open it - and I find many adults don't know.
Give it to a kid or one of my students, and they bite it open and squeeze
it - usually right onto their tongues, not into coffee or tea.

So, its what we are used to, and we forget quickly.

Cheers

Jerry
Jerry J. Bromenshenk
http://www.umt.edu/biology/bees