From:
Dick Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:34:10 -0900
 >I am not a researcher so will gladly admit to being wrong if indeed a
virus does not use spores.

Bob, you're one of the few. Many folks I read on internet lists who
inadvertently say something that is wrong, and then are subsequently
shown to be wrong will still insist on being "right. In fact some will
simply rot in hell before admitting to a mistake.

I, too, had always been taught that viruses do not form spores, and
like some others on BeeL, I googled virus spores. There were a lot of
hits. I read through some of them, but could find nothing definitive
saying that viruses actually form spores. On one hit I did read that
viruses sometimes attach themselves to *other* spores. Don't know if
that's accurate or not. As you once pointed out, I think, Diana
Sammataro mentioned to you that quite a lot of what is on the internet
can be disregarded. Still, it's a good tool, but so much "stuff" out
there now. Jeese!

Regards,
Dick Allen