From:
Greg Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:47:59 -0600
 Reports were that migratory beekeepers (with proper permits) unknowingly left Florida with hives of Africanized Honey bees.  They traveled the I-95 corridor to Maine for blueberry polination, and then placed hives throughout the NE for summer honey production. With expected results i.e.  swarms issued from these "hot hives".

 Also, Florida's African honeybee problem maybe more widespread than than previously reported.  We are working on new rules/regulations to prevent this from happening in the future, but the cows may have already left the barn.