From:
Golden S Bee Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Golden S Bee Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 18:25:06 -0500
I was reading about robbing bees in The Hive and the Honeybee 1966 ed. page
250.  It states that   "Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish between the
physical appearance of robber bees and others, although robbers eventually
become smooth, shiny, and almost black."  I thought that robbing bees were
just field workers from other hives that were taking advantage of a food
source.  Could someone explain the physical change in appearance?

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Stalnaker
Golden S Bee Ranch