From:
Kelley Rosenlund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 1997 12:45:46 -0500
Hello All!!,

        I have several barrels of corn syrup that are begining to
crystallize and am designing a solar melter with electric heater backup to
pump the syrup through to dissolve the crystals. I am using solar to keep
fuel costs down as much as possible.
One idea I am toying with is using 1.5 inch diameter irrigation tubing
either on the roof or on the concrete/pavement road and circulating syrup
through till clear.  Remember I live in Florida and solar heat is plentiful!!

At what temperature does straight corn syrup burn/carmelize?

Does a 50/50 mix with water burn at the same temp?

Does anyone currently use a solar setup to directly heat the syrup?

God Bless,
Kelley Rosenlund  [log in to unmask]
Gainesville, Florida, U.S.A., Phone:352-378-7510
200 hives, almost 2 years in beekeeping. 8 frame deeps,shallows.