From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 22:36:57 -0600
> I have gone so far as to shake all the bees off a frame of brood, and
> completely coat the frame with a "snowstorm of sugar".  I've yet to
> see a single brood cell ripped open...

When dusting with OTC in icing sugar, we were always cautioned to be careful not
to get the dust over the brood area, since we were told that the sugar would
fall down and dust into open brood -- and kill it.

Have you seen any effect on the *open* brood?

allen

http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/
---
A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging
their prejudices. -- William James