From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2007 16:02:05 EDT

[log in to unmask] writes:

We are  truly breeding bees that will be stable
in our areas Those bees would not  survive unless we did breed for change
or let nature do it in time, say a  few thousand years minimum.Yours are
native and  stable.

We are aiming for native and stable, which is what we once had, but have
been bedevilled by imports. I don't think you are likely to achieve a local
version of native and stable unless you stop moving bees (especially queens)
around as much as appears to happen in the USA.  As most of the country  seems to
be uninhabitable for much of each year, the climate would exert strong
selective pressure and I think the objectives could be achieved in decades  rather
then millennia.

Chris