From:
Walter Patton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 07:29:18 -1000
The best in my humble opinion is the water jacketed heating . Find a
container that one or a dozen 5's will fit in and try to make the water as
deep as possible. I have the Kelly unit that holds three 5's and the water
is only about one third the way up the can. This container sits on a stand I
made and a double burner goes under the water container. I can soften
crystallized honey enough to bottle through a gate valve about 90 degrees in
about 30 minutes if I stirr the honey with a paint stirrer. I can get the
honey very liquified for the machine filling about 105 degrees in about one
and a half hours and I can pasterize the honey 140 degrees for 20 minutes in
about two and a half hours. Best if you have another deep container with
cool water to put the 5 of honey into for a quick cool down is pasterizing.
Sorry about my spelling and like W.C, Fields once said " Anybody who can not
spell a word two or three different ways is pretty dam dumb."
        God bless to all and if visiting Hawaii feel free to contact me for some
tips. Yesterday was 74 degrees and the bees have been busy in the Macadamia
Nut orchards since 1-1-01.

Walter