From:
Jorn Johanesson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 15:49:06 +0200
> This year, at the Beekeeping School at Gormanston in Ireland, we
> had a very
> interesting talk from the top man in Danish Beekeeping - A Jorgensen.
>
> About 96% of Danish beekeepers have been controlling mites without using
> Apistan, Bayvarol or Coumaphos since 1984. They use various other
> chemicals
> which do not contaminate the wax or the honey at all, or where the
> contamination is less than that caused by the 'harder' chemicals
> listed above.
>
> You can get full details by visiting
>
>                                 www.biavl.dk

and for those who don't know there is an english traslation of a repport
about using chemicals that are natural present in honey, in the combat of
Varroa. It is in html , doc and pdf format at my site.

Best regards
Jorn Johanesson

Multilingual software for beekeeping since 1997

hive note- queen breeding and handheld computer beekeeping software
Updated 27-05-2001 Added grouping  and colouring of hives + a lot more.
all you need and a little more. being a little beekeeper or a big queen
breeder
free of charge up to 10 hives.
Language added : Dutch, Pourtuguise, French

home page = HTTP://apimo.dk
e-mail [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>