From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:03:03 -0700
"Keith B. Forsyth" wrote:

> Pellett, p.178, states that hazelnut produces some pollen and is valuable
> where there is a scarcity of early pollen producing plants.

Have found this thread quite interesting, especially since my wife and I intend
moving to Oregon/Washington soon to begin our second careers, and she has a food
allergy to hazelnuts. Can anyone advise me as to the chances she will also be
allergic to the inhaled pollen, since I may end up working with bees in the
filbert center of the U.S. ???
   -John Edwards, USDA-ARS Bee Lab, Tucson, Arizona