From:
Peter Dillon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 23:04:02 +0100
Thanks to all who have commented on Oxalic Acid thread - very informative - even Jim's Chem. lesson
brought back memories of my time teaching Chem. during the 1980's!

Also,
Lloyd,
You are quite correct - I am still here in France, and thankfully during the last 12 years, I have
never had to treat against an Acarine infestation.
But my questions arise from the wish to point out that when certain procedures are being pushed,
somebody somewhere is going to mix treatments.
With this in mind, I wished for clarification of use regarding a potentially hazardous substance.

Some beekeepers are of the mind set that nearly anything goes!
I foresaw the problem of individuals using Oxalic Acid and then thinking about Acarine. From this
situation the logical thing to ask is - to treat now, later or before the Oxalic Acid treatment?

Better to be wised up to the situation!

Your final comment gives a possible technique.

Regards,
Peter