From:
Milt Lathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:18:43 -0400
My landlord built a open wire fence to keep her dog from climbing on the
hives. Her 3 free range hens often rest near the hives and occasionally
will squeeze through the fence but seem unharmed by the bees. These
chickens will follow me to the hive hoping for a hand out, quite the
little beggars these! When I find drone larvae that I want to get rid of,
the chickens really love this snack. At least in this case, I think bees
and chickens do quite well together.