From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2006 16:22:29 -0800
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Hello Ari & All,
 My two cents worth.  I don't care for frame spacers.......
Eight frame spacing might need spacers to prevent the frames falling out of the supers if the frames slide while removing full supers from hives.
 I use 10 frames for comb honey. I like uniform size in packaging.

Bob,
    You didn't speak to nine frame supers so I will make a comment.
If you uncap with a hot knife, using nine frames in your super allows the bees to draw the cells out further away from the frame and makes it easier to uncap.  But, if you start with foundation, use ten frames in the super.  The bees will really mess things up with cross comb and other no-fun things if you put only nine frames of foundation in a super.  After they have drawn the comb out and you are using it for the second time or more, then you can use just nine.  Something about bee space or something like that.  :)
     Like Bob, I would suggest that you use ten frames in the super if you are going for cut comb or comb honey.

Mike in LA