From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:13:39 EST
Bob says: Myself and another beekeeper watched the CBS program ...we,,,
agree the frame held up by the woman beekeeper Louise showed signs of parasitic
mite syndrome (PMS).

Bob:  You make the mistake of thinking that  everything shown by CBS had been
seen by the CCD team.  The bit with  the tearful beekeeper was NOT of any
equipment that my team saw -- I don't know  who she was, where she was at in
terms of part of the country, when that bit of  video was shot, or who examined
her colonies - if anyone.  I am sorry for  her loss.

We have occasionally seen PMS, but NOT in the majority of the CCD hives  that
we've examined from many different states.  My team has visited  FL, PA, GA,
CA (three weeks in that state) and have examined hives in CA from  WA,
Nebraska, MT, Idaho, PA, MN, and other states.  Her hives are not  typical of what
we've been seeing.

Jerry