From:
Tim Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:57:03 -0800
Not sure what is going on over here on the Central Coast of CA. I had about
70 hives through the year, with less production than normal. I went down to
50 over the last couple months at the end of the 6 months we get no rain,
due to a number of factors. But we got some rain, the eucalyptus are
blooming, the temps are in the low 70s and I'm still getting swarm calls,
like today. The bees are bringing in tons of pollen and there's that nice
honey smell outside the stronger hives. Fifth year of Check mite, and
probably my last, took the strips out two weeks ago.

With my luck, they'll build up strong over the next month, then it will rain
until Feb!