From:
Medhat Nasr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 07:37:08 -0700
Hello All:

I contact Lora Morandin regarding her publication and the discussion on
Bee-L. Here is her answer:

"thanks for letting me know about this article.          I was never
consulted about
it and do not in any way agree with their conclusions...I wonder if they
even read the paper!  The paper clearly states that the lower number of
bees
in gm fields likely was due to the lower weed abundance and goes into a
lot
of detail about this.  The data do not suggest that there is any avoidance
of gm plants per se.  my subsequent papers have explored the relationship
between weed abundance in fields, natural land surrounding fields, bee
abundance, and pollination.  Medhat, let me know if you have any
questions.
Best regards, Lora"

I hope this answer clears the air regarding what was raised on this
subject.

Medhat

Medhat Nasr, Ph. D.
Provincial Apiculturist
Crop Diversification Centre North

17507 Fort Road
Edmonton, AB, Canada T5Y 6H3
Tel: (780) 415-2314    Fax: (780) 422-6096
Mailto:[log in to unmask]