From:
mark berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 13:12:59 -0700
Do any of you folks in Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana who have the time to respond to this query have any ideas as to how many colonies of bees have been lost due to Katrina? Since many of us here in the rest of the country get our queens from the South maybe we could help out some of our brother and sister beekeepers by sending them some queens or colonies. This is something that I plan on bringing up at our winter meeting here in NY. I don't really have this idea fleshed out but I bet there is someone or lots of someones who have opinions about this idea, good or bad. What do y'all think?