From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Nov 2005 13:45:13 -0700
>>>Interesting evidence of life experiences adaptability occurring within a
>>>single generation, thinking here of the champion rock climber Tori Allen.
>>>Tori grew up in Africa and would play in the trees with monkeys everyday.
>>>Her arms and fingers and toes grew to be longer than normal due to her
>>>body adapting to the activity.

>> Were her kids born with similar changes?  That is the question.
>
> Here's the Answer:

Etc...

What I cannot figure out is this:  Given the original writer's history of
arriving at questionable deductions from sparse facts, and announcing the
surmises as fact, *nobody* challenged the truthfulness of the original post,
or the exact sources of facts for such an improbable claim.  The claim was
accepted at face value and the only question was about the next generation.
Frankly, IMO, It's a good kids story
http://www.kidzworld.com/site/p1204.htm, but any conclusions about abnormal
physical development are very doubtful.

FWIW, my son climbs ordinary brick walls with his bare hands and feet,
and -- much to the amazement of locals -- did the Sugarloaf without
equipment.  AFAIK, he does not hang, and never has hung out with monkeys
and, although he has long, strong, fingers and toes, I doubt it is from
climbing.   His kids, moreover, do not have long prehensile tails.  I've
checked.

allen

Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what
they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand.
            -- Putt's Law